CIHEAM Ministerial Meetings
The CIHEAM organised the first agriculture Ministerial meeting of its 13 member countries in 1999.
The aim was to establish a sustainable dialogue between Mediterranean countries on agricultural, food and rural issues and foster a common approach. These biennial ministerial meetings provide space for discussion and their strategic dimension is enhanced by the participation of major international organisations active in the region.
The next Ministerial Meeting will be held in autumn 2022 and will focus on Youth and Women´s Empowerment as a Lever for Development.
CIHEAM Ministerial meetings from 1999 to 2016
- 2016 – Tirana, Albania (Distress Migration: Agriculture and Rural Development Can Help)
- 2014 - Algiers, Algeria (Sustainable Food Security and Prospects for the Future)
- 2012 - Valetta, Malta (Food Security and Price Volatility in the Mediterranean Countries)
- 2010 - Istanbul, Turkey (Climate Change and Adaptation)
- 2008 - Zaragoza, Spain (Management of Fisheries and Water Resources)
- 2006 - Cairo, Egypt (Sustainable Development and Agricultural Products in the Mediterranean region)
- 2004 - Paris, France (Trade Growth and Development Policies)
- 2002 - Beirut, Lebanon (Cooperation and Agricultural Relations in the Mediterranean region)
- 2001 - Athens, Greece (Cooperation and the Mediterranean diet)
- 2000 - Rabat, Morocco (Coordination of the Mediterranean Countries' Development Policies)
- 1999 - Rome, Italy (Initiating Institutional Mediterranean Relations among the CIHEAM Member States)